Thursday 12 September 2013

Protea Hotel: Fire and Ice

My very first review J
I’m not exactly an expert. At anything- yet. But I do know what tastes good. And honestly, they make the best damned milkshake I’ve tasted yet.

The Protea Hotel: Fire and Ice is situated on New Church Street in the Cape Town CBD, just a five minute walk from my home. The in-house restaurant can be found on the ground floor; the décor a stunning blend of vintage and contemporary.





Even the bathrooms are decked out like nowhere else I’ve seen before. Seriously, you have to check the bathrooms out when you go. It’s like a thing; you have to go on the bathroom ‘tour’. No, I kid you not. [Nope, no pics- you have to see it for yourself.]
The seating areas are cozy; great for hanging out with friends and family, or even for a more casual business meeting. The deck that runs along the outside is great for a summer evening, especially in Cape Town. With the warm breeze gently tugging at you. *sigh…*
At the far end of the room, there is a dedicated smoking area- dubbed the ‘Coughin Room’. Inside, there is a beige-coloured headstone, behind which lies 3 coffin-styled sofas. Again, I kid you not.
But back to the milkshakes though. My absolute favourite would have to be their Ferrero Roche milkshake. Yeah, it’s my fave choccie too. J
Next on the list is the brownie pieces, hot chocolate, banana and peanut butter, Lindt, and last but not least, the chili chocolate. And no, I haven’t tried them all yet, but I fully intend to! And you should definitely try it out too. J

26 August 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment