Thursday 12 September 2013

End of block party

No, no, no. It’s not what you think. Not an actual block party. I dare say my parents would probably kill me. Rather, the word ‘block’ refers to a section of work. And it wasn’t an actual party either.
On Thursday and Friday past, Med I wrote the end-of-block test for pathology. Boy am I glad that’s over with. I think I studied myself half-blind over the days leading up to it. Path was great, so much fun, but studying for it was a real bastard. I tried very hard to study diligently from day one, buuut you know how things go. You get distracted, you just don’t feel like it, you’ve got better things to do… In the end, I crammed for days, I even ended up spotting. [Shameful admission #3]
Looking at my daunting lever arch file of notes, I realized something that is pretty insane. Six months of Life Forms last semester, equates to just six weeks of Pathology! I know, right?!
I’m so glad to finally be able to breathe again, honestly.
This weekend was great. We kicked it off on Friday, with a little picnic-type thing on the rugby field. Saturday, my family and I ran around doing very normal things- I even went on a mini shopping spree! [Oh yeah!J] As for Sunday, lunch at home with the fam, and then we went out for milkshake. But my end of block checklist looks way more hectic:
©      Watch some series [check]
©      Watch a few movies [check]
©      Sleep [check-ish]
©      Do nothing [double check J]
©      Go on a baking craze [uncheck- I’m postponing this to Wednesday]
©      Play guitar [unchecked as yet- boo!L]
©      WRITE [Check, check, check!J]
Ah hell, I suppose that all’s well that ends well. And tomorrow the rat race begins all over again.

25 August 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment