Thursday 19 September 2013

I can't make this stuff up

Today was something else entirely.
We powered through, I think, six? Lectures in three hours. Because our lecturer was hell-bent on having an extra, super long weekend. If we finished, which she made sure we did, we get tomorrow off. Also, she’s got Monday off, and with Tuesday being a public holiday, well, like I said, extra super long.
Right off the bat, before she could even start, a student asks an alcohol-related question. At first, we thought this typical behavior- he’s prone to do such things. But the he started get really animated- atypical behavior. It was only later that we discovered that he was still drunk from the night before. Stuff suddenly made sense…
Then came the apple incident. Because I really should be atoning for my behaviour, and it would be in the best interest of my health, I cannot tell you exactly what went down. Except to say that, after much goading from Mo Bray [cracks me up every time!], one Miz Panjri [aka Jizz, the Infamous- thanks for that, Mohammed Yusuf Parker] launched his apple core across the lecture hall- twice! Well, the unmentionable thing happened, and, of course, I land up on the floor. I was laughing so hard I cried like a baby! I could hardly stop, and I could barely breathe.
Technology is a fantastic thing. I didn’t want to walk all the way to my friends’ res, so we completed our tutorial over the phone. Whatsapp didn’t work out so well. >.< It was… crazy. My hands were full, I was on the phone and I didn’t have my card out. It was a mission vacating Gergs!
And then, to top the day off, Miz made me use the elevator. I detest the things. It makes my head all screwy. And the guy actually had the audacity to laugh at me. “Sooo… if you get stuck in one… will you die?” The grin on his face shouldn’t have been there. Shows you the kind of friends I have.
I swear, these are not lies. I really cannot make this stuff up- and I'm a writer!

19 September 2013 

No comments:

Post a Comment