Thursday 19 September 2013

High-tailing it

Casually strolling out of Gergs (our unofficially nicknamed computer room), totally unsuspecting, I nearly get bowled over. No, seriously. I'd just pushed through the swinging doors, when I hear this urgent pounding from behind me. Naturally, I take a look. I see no one. And I'm like, what the hell? Not even 2 seconds after the thought passes through my mind, the door flies open, and some guy shoots out, feet pounding. And I mean he's really hauling ass as he tears passed me. Muttering, "'scuse me, sorry."
For some reason, his sense of urgency really got me going too. He'd just descended the first flight of stairs. And I felt myself needing to run too. I didn’t mean to follow him, honestly. We just happened to be head the same way, at the same time.
So there we are, high-tailing it down three flights of stairs. Yeah. Three. And again I'm wondering, what in the actual hell is going on here?
By the time I get to the K floor (took me 6 months to figure out K stood for Kelder- basement), he's gone. As in, just disappeared. But then I see the turnstile gate shaking. Almost as though someone has pushed through it with excessive force.
And that's when I realized it. Some guy in a white coat nearly runs me over, and then disappears through those gates? Medical emergancy.
Staring at that gate, instead of a what-the-hell, I thought, "Run, Speedy, run. Go save someone's life." Smiling, I turn away, "That's going to be me someday. Someday soon."

18 September 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment