Thursday 12 September 2013

Insanity- Writing vs. Not writing

It has been almost three weeks since I last wrote anything.

My head is always buzzing. I never stop. But it has been that long since I churned out anything useful.

A wise man once told me to never hold it inside, to always let it out. “Don’t keep it in your head,” he’d said, “You write first for yourself, then for others."
                                                                          – Bill Temple

Actually, those words helped me more than I can even tell you. In a way, it encouraged me, allowed me to risk it all to get my stuff out there. I was nervous, anxious, about posting my stuff online. I just didn’t know how well it would be received. I didn’t think I could take negative feedback.

Now, I find myself yearning for critique. I want to know, not only what I’m doing wrong, but also what I’m doing right. How else does one become a better anything?

I’m always writing. Every situation, every experience; I never stop. My head is constantly whirling around; relating, describing, comparing, and even picking out words that would fit best.

But none of that helps if it stays right there, inside. It actually hurts, to the point where I feel like I’m going crazy. I have to get it out. Writing is my release.

People are addicted to many things. I suppose this may be one of mine. And no, I’m absolutely not ashamed about this one.


26 August 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment