Saturday 27 July 2013

The Happy Dance

That holiday felt helluva long. I know, I know; next year this time I’ll be begging for a holiday… It was about two weeks in that our results were finally published. And let me tell you, if I wasn’t being kept so busy with my cousin’s wedding and all, the wait would have been excruciating.
See, you rock up at Uni, particularly at med school, with one thing on your mind. I gotta maintain my kick-ass rep. Academically speaking, of course. And then they deliver the bad news. You’ll never be that student again. *cue dramatic music*
See, your 80-90 % at high school level translates to about a 60% at medical school. You start thinking that, well, it’s not so hard- they’re just over-exaggerating.
*Walks out of exam room. Wants to die.* They weren’t kidding. I’m going to fail.
You realize that it’s actually super hard to get good marks if you’re still buried in your high school mindset of studying 24 hours before the time. So when the results are finally released, and you somehow wangled a pass, you end up doing what I like to call the happy dance. Because you’re just so relieved that you made it.
So we were left to enjoy our exceptionally long holiday in relative peace.
And then second semester rolled around. Pathology, pharmacology and an introduction to clinical medicine. I feel like a proper medical student now, not having to so many unnecessary, un-doctorish things. [Yes, I just maked that word up.J] I’m nearly a week in and I’m struggling to get stuck into Path. It’s bad, I know. I’m supposed to study every day, but I keep finding other things to do with my time. Like writing this blog. [Lol!J] I should actually be studying viro right now…
But it’s late. And my bed and I are really good friends. He’s going to miss me if I don’t get going soon… J
So peace out, keep on keeping on, and do that happy dance!

17 July 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment